Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Amy Tan is following me!


After launching my novel Laolao’s DragonGate on Amazon a few days ago, I started to broadcast it on Twitter.   I didn’t have a twitter account; nobody was following me either before that.  However, just on Jan, 25th, TWITTER sent me an email, telling me Amy Tan was following me! 

Amy Tan? That famous Amy Tan of the joy &luck club? I am a big fan of her!  I was flattered that she is my first follower on Twitter.  Some websites post tips of ‘getting celebrities to you,’ but I never thought about any celebrities would follow me.  I am nobody! 

Why is Amy Tan following me?  Friends give credit to a general’s review of “you might be the next Amy Tan of our generation.”  

  Oh, well, I am honored to be following by Amy Tan, but, be honest; my novel is not an Amy Tan type.  My novel is set in a booming and changing China, other than Amy Tan’s old China in her books.  It is set in the American twilight and a booming China.  My protagonist Pearl senses that she herself is in the middle of this swirling cycle of history, including Opium War, President Nixon’s China visit, and the tragedy of Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989…

  Am I the next Amy Tan?  My dear readers, please let me know after reading my novel Laolao’s DragonGate:





From: Twitter <n-jnatkvnyvyl=lnubb.pbz-c7414@postmaster.twitter.com>
To: Lily Wang Hill <wangxialily@yahoo.com>
Sent: 
Friday, January 25, 2013 6:43 AM
Subject: Amy Tan (@AmyTanWriter) is now following you on Twitter!





   
Lily Wang Hill,
You have a new follower on Twitter.
 Lily Wang Hill
   
Amy Tan
@AmyTanWriter
Author (Joy Luck Club, etc). Kindle Single now available: Rules for Virginshttp://t.co/NeiqMla3 New novel: Valley of Amazement coming November 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment