Thursday, February 14, 2013

Broadcasting your books

My book is like my baby.  Before she was born, I was so excited.  It took me over 18 months to bring her to this wonderful world.

         I thought people would love her and chase her, because she is wonderful.  However, the book marketing is much tougher than I expected.  
      
         On the Chinese new year's day, I went to a celebration gathering with my book.  I was prepared with a interesting slides show to talk about Chinese new year and my book.  However, I even didn't get a chance to present it to the audience.  Finally I still managed to sell a few copies of my book.  When I signed my name on the book for my fans, I was happy, ... and worried.

          I thought more people would follow me, like they did to Amy Tan!  

          Even a famous author like Amy Tan herself, I guess she still needs to broadcast her books.  
          
          Last night, I was in a book signing event at Princeton Library.  The author is Mr. Daniel Stashower.  He is famous too.

         He did a good presentation about his book.  His publisher was there for him.  Some of his friends talked about some interesting stories related to his book.

          but, I was disappointed because only about thirty people were there.  Mr. Stashower is famous and  seemed very nice too.   

           Thinking of myself, I am an indie author, no fame, no publishers behind.  How can I get my book known?  I know it's a long way to go.  but I won't lose my heart because I wrote my book from my heart.  I didn't please any groups to fit any genre.  People  living a real life will like my book!

           

          

No comments:

Post a Comment